We need your input!

As we develop our new strategic plan for the next five years, we really want to hear from YOU.

We know that breast cancer impacts all of us. So please, whether you are caring for or have lost a loved one, are living with breast cancer, are a healthcare professional, if you care about healthy environments, social justice, improved healthcare, if you are concerned in any way about how the breast cancer movement is working to address and end this epidemic, we want to hear from YOU. Please, tell us what you think!

take the survey buttonWe want to hear from everyone connected to and involved with BCAction. Please take a moment to fill out this short survey about our work before January 17th.

We’re so proud of what we’ve accomplished with your support over the last 5 years of our current strategic plan. We’ve made some important progress. And now we’re developing a new strategic plan for Breast Cancer Action, a plan that will build on our current work as well as shape our focus over the next five years.

As a grassroots women’s health organization, we carry the voices of women who are living with and at risk of breast cancer. So we want to hear from YOU. We’d like you to share your opinions about our work: what you think is important about what we do; what you’d like to see change; how we can leverage our strengths, and where there are unmet needs and opportunities for BCAction. Your response will be confidential and will critically inform our decisions as we plan for the next five years.

Rest assured we will always challenge the status quo in breast cancer and demand the changes necessary to address and end this epidemic. Together we’ve achieved great change, and there remains a lot of work still to do. Please tell us your thoughts; we can’t do this work without you.

We look forward to hearing from you during this important and exciting process of defining (and refining) the future direction for BCAction. Thank you for being part of the amazing BCAction community.

1. Amy
    Posted January 15, 2014 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

I would love to see you all do some huge national Think Before You Pink advertising during the month of October. Examples: ads in womens mags, usa today, billboard. I know that would probably be very expensive though.

2. Dawn Lucie
    Posted January 16, 2014 at 10:24 am | Permalink

I have been patiently waiting for you to begin addressing the most important issue – the most important issue is the fact that VACCINATION is the main cause of CANCER!!!

3. Posted January 25, 2014 at 12:00 am | Permalink

You do a great job of pointing out the dangerous chemical soup we are all swimming in. But so few people are aware of how our bodies detoxify these chemicals and that 70% of the population has a genetic defect (polymorphism) that compromises our ability to detoxify. The genetic problem is called MethylTetraHydroFolateReductase (MTHFR). Forty percent of people, with one gene for this, are less able to detoxify by 50%. Those of us with two of the genes have detox compromised by 70%. This is a big contributor to cancer, heart disease, infertility, inability to carry through a pregnancy, high homocystiene, and many other problems.

There are a few doctors who know about this. There are protocols to follow, using supplements to help us bypass the problem so we can begin detoxing normally, or at least a lot better.

If you go to my blog, go to the older posts and read Eleven for more information and links to sites that go into this in greater depth. One doctor has posted several informative talks on Youtube, and that is linked, too.

4. Debra Keyworth
    Posted February 2, 2014 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

I am a boatload of Info re: my 14 year journey through Her2Nu+ Stage 3+ double mastectomy and all of my battles with Oncologists and the so-called “Gold Standard” of treatment. I used Alternative Therapy and BELIEVE it’s why I’m alive today. I was one of the kids from the 60’s who received the CDC Polio vaccine in sugar form that was “laced” with Cancer. NO HISTORY of Breast Cancer in my family………I could go on and on………about this. I fought off many…..but my EX was able to use this stance against me in Divorce Court as his financial demise. He was cheating on me while was in my last round of chemo……….really sick world.

5. Sarah
    Posted February 7, 2014 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

I would first like to thank you for getting this information out there. I work in chemotherapy and everyday that I go to work I feel like patients are being lied to. The ultimate issue that I find is that people need to see the industry for what it is a business. Businesses want to make money so unfortunately there is money in people being sick not in a cure, and this is so very sad. I wish those making profits off this everyday had to come and look people in the eye and watch this terrible disease take over their bodies.

6. Susan
    Posted February 15, 2014 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Thank you for your great service in trying to dismantle the money making machine that keeps breast cancer patients sick and causes more cancer. My feedback is to for you to BEGIN to tell people what DOES work. They are so convinced that the system is working, it need to be pointed out how it is NOT working (even the American Cancer Society has a PDF about secondary cancers caused by chemo and radiation) and people need to be given of an IDEA of what DOES work.

7. Valerie
    Posted March 25, 2014 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

I would love to support events that focus on holistic healing and changing eating habits which we have all seen from Gerson Therapy , the toxins are what really cause cancer and eating is a HUGE factor and one of the only things we can really control . If we had a CANCER AWARENESS event promoted , which only had booths for local farmers, organic small businesses and health food stores that were local and also focused on holistic healing. Also speakers who were doctors that supported holistic approaches would be GREAT. how can we start events like this? I would love to help out ! this would be a great new spin on the walks they already have

8. Cherysh Gilchrest
    Posted May 12, 2014 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Was reconnecting with friends back from Japan. The Pink Ribbon Campaign is a crock in that country.
    Takako Uchinaga the former President of Berlitz International and a supposed champion for the Pink Ribbon and Women’s rights, allowed Japan Berlitz Tokyo to fire a woman, Katherine Campbell, with breast cancer because she didn’t get back to work fast enough. Most companies in Japan will give 18 months or 2 years, Berlitz Japan will give you only 1 year. (This in a country with a nuclear meltdown.) Katherine needed 13 months.
    I think women’s organizations and Cancer Charities should stop awarding CEOs and rescind awards when they clearly do not represent what they claim.