During our recent “Raise a Stink!” campaign, one of the most common questions we heard was, “How is it even possible that a pink ribbon perfume contains chemicals bad for our health?”
Here’s the answer to that very reasonable question: in the United States, there are very few restrictions on ingredients in body care products, no required testing for harmful chemicals, and no obligations to include certain ingredients on labels.
This lack of regulation is how we end up with personal care products containing toxins linked to breast cancer.
Please join us for our upcoming webinar to learn more about toxic cosmetics and what you can do about it.
For your convenience, we are offering the webinar at two different times. Click on the links above to register for the time and day that works for you.*
When you attend the webinar, you will learn:
- A brief summary of the problem with cosmetic regulation
- Who is at risk when it comes to toxins in personal care products
- Why we need safer cosmetics
- What chemicals we’re talking about when we say “toxic cosmetics”
- Current and past legislation aimed at regulating cosmetics
- Ways for you to take action to protect everyone’s health
- There will be time for questions, so bring your questions!
Breast Cancer Action will be hosting our webinar with two of our favorite groups – the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and the Environmental Working Group.
Together we can change the status quo of how chemicals are regulated in this country.
*If you cannot attend the webinar at either time, please email us at email@example.com to request a recording of the webinar.